A quicker path from
idea to market
One in four people living in Skaraborg can see themselves running their own company. Are you one of them?
If you have a good business idea*, you should test it with one of our business coaches. If you get the thumbs up, your very own coach, own office, access to expert competence and an innovation environment in which you meet other entrepreneurs on a daily basis awaits you.
UNFAIR ADVANTAGES FOR SUCCEEDING
The GSP Incubator gives those of you wishing to start your own company the best possible conditions for both safely and securely developing your idea into a sellable product* that can be sold on its target market.
WE WANT TO WORK WITH...
- researchers, students and teaching staff at the University of Skövde
- companies within Skaraborg’s business community and their employees with ideas that can be used to create spin-off companies
- idea owners throughout Sweden with scalable ideas that have international potential and can be exported
WE GIVE YOU...
- your own office with the right equipment and beneficial terms and conditions so that you can focus on product development, sales and running a growth company
- your own business coach that gives you advice on business development
- a well-defined process* for business development, which plans your success
- access to expert competence from all business coaches, such as those within funding, market, finance, unbundling etc.
- competence development within sales, marketing, leadership, board work and finance, among other things
- an innovative environment with easily-accessible meeting places and daily meetings with entrepreneurs as well as researchers and decision makers
THE EXPERTS THAT HELP YOU...
- have a broad experience in starting and running companies
- understand your situation and use it as a base from which to work
- are on your side
- have knowledge about idea screening, concept development and commodification
- have knowledge about business development, business models, marketing, sales and negotiation
- have networks and contacts for funding and risk capital
KONTAKTA OSS FOR TESTING YOUR IDEA
SPECIAL INVESTMENT IN COMPUTER GAMES - NATIONAL NODE
Since 2003, the GSP Incubator has dedicated part of its activities to the computer games industry, The Game Incubator. It is recognised within the industry both nationally and internationally. Today, 20 or so projects and companies can be found within The Game Incubator and although many of these are alumni companies*, the companies choose to take advantage of The Game Incubator’s internationally-perceived strong brand. Over 150 people are currently employed in the projects and companies.
In 2009, the GSP Incubator was chosen as the national node for business development within Computer Games. This means that you can receive the relevant support and help with developing your games company regardless of where in Sweden you are located.
Within the framework of this assignment, we work with a series of cross-industry issues and support in order to create even better opportunities for start-ups to develop games and sell them both nationally and internationally:
- access to market-adapted development tools, both hardware and software
- access to common resources in the form of industry specialists within sales and law, among other things
- opportunity to participate at international games exhibitions and conferences
- new models for keeping control of your own IP
- creation of specially allocated seed capital
Within the framework of this investment, the network of games companies increases to include start-ups in several other Swedish environments such as Gameport in Blekinge, Gamecubator in Dalarna, Science Park Gotland, Uminova in Umeå, Minc in Malmö, Åkroken Science Park in Sundsvall, LEAD in Norrköping, Innovatum in Trollhättan and SU Innovation in Stockholm.
READ MORE ABOUT THE INVESTMENT IN COMPUTER GAMES
* WHAT DO ALL OUR TERMS MEAN?
A good idea means that it:
- uses or is based on some form of IT
- can lead to the creation of a company and generate job opportunities in Skaraborg
- has an international market
- a good or a service or a composite product that meets a well-defined and distinct customer need
- a scalable idea built on the assumption that the basic investment made can create repeat sales both on existing and new markets without being directly connected to new large investments
Process for business development
- our process is based on well-known models, but we have “shaken them up”, reordered them and adapted them to the ever-changing demands on new companies
If you wish to find out more about the process, please feel free to contact Per-Arne Lundberg
- companies that have successfully negotiated the incubator journey and are standing entirely on their own legs